Senior Civil Design Engineer
An award-winning multi-disciplinary design consultancy has enlisted our service to recruit a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join their Scottish team. You will carry out work for public and private building projects including schools, educational facilities and residential developments, with a focus on designing safer, better buildings and improving the communities in which they operate.
On offer is a highly competitive salary plus a company car and a well-rounded suite of additional benefits.
As a Senior Civil Design Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for managing projects from design to completion
- Work closely with Engineers and other members of staff which will ensure that the projects are delivered to the highest quality, on time and within budget, in a 3D collaborative environment
- Train, mentor and develop junior Engineers
- Be involved in the preparation of drawings including cut and fill appraisals, road design, drainage including SUDS and site levelling
What do you need to apply?
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering ( or equivalent ) - ideally working towards MICE
- Good working knowledge of Microdrainage and Civils 3D
- Excellent understanding of the SUDS Manual, Sewers for Scotland 3 as well as British Standards and Eurocodes
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines
- Strong communications skills due to the level of interaction associated with the role
- Depth of knowledge of industry developments as they happen
If you would like to apply, send your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If this position is not for you, but you know of someone who you feel would be better suited…
We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.