We are currently recruiting on behalf of an Engineering Consultancy who are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their growing regional Scottish team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business which focuses on providing a good working environment for their staff which has allowed them to retain a team of happy, motivated Engineers and Technicians within their Stirling based office.
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Training and managing junior members of staff
• Working on and providing technical support on a variety of projects including civils infrastructure, rail, industrial, commercial, retail, residential, health care and more
• Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues, architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, and clients
• Manage budgets, project schedules, scopes of work and project resources
A full job description is on offer for review.
Benefits of working with this company:
• Working within a tight knit team
• This firm has significant expansion plans
• The Directors and wider team and dedicated to continual professional development
• Whilst part of a large international engineering business they maintain a local focus and feel'
• They offer a stable, secure pipeline of work, not dependent on the peaks and troughs of the local market
• This is a business that entrusts its regional leaders with the autonomy to decide their own local strategy, creating a culture where staff are empowered to make decisions and tailor their service to suit the needs of their clients
• They are a business who believe in work life balance, their default setting is to trust their staff and in return their employees show a greater deal of commitment to the cause. They do expect accountability but allow for flexibility in working arrangements to ensure staff can maintain a happy home life balance
• Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
• Experience in a similar role within a design consultancy environment
• Previous management experience
• Working knowledge of PDS or Civils 3D
• Knowledge of Sewers for Adoption, SUDS, Code for Sustainable Homes
• Ideally, you will have experience within the residential and/or commercial sectors
• Clean UK Drivers license
What's on offer?:
• Above industry standard salary
• Flexible working ( 3,4 or 5 days per week plus flexible start and finish times )
• 30 days paid leave per year
• Pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• And more!
What's the next step?
To apply, send your CV to Savanna Mitchell.
Once received and if suitable for this position, I will give you a call to discuss your experience, current situation as well as what it is you are looking for in a move going forward. I will also discuss the company in full detail and your CV will not be sent to the client without your permission. Having this in-depth conversation ensures that I can help you as best as I can in your next career move.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.