Contract Scotland is thrilled to partner with a well-established civil engineering contractor as they seek an Estimator or Senior Estimator to join their team, working on projects across Scotland.
An opportunity for a Temporary Works Engineer to work with on of the busiest companies within the Scottish Water Framework
Senior Civils Estimator
Contract Scotland require a Senior Civils Estimator to work one an award winning Civil Engineering Company who are thriving within the Scottish Water Framework.
Purpose of the role is as listed below:
- To provide the cost estimating for the Civils discipline ensuring accurate cost estimates and supporting technical information to enable ESD to submit credible project estimates at a level of detail to assist ESD in achieving the targeted turnover and margin levels.
- To liaise with the Project Management and Design functions to facilitate the efficient flow of information into Estimating ensuring the civils estimating reflects the delivery strategy at any point in time.
- To participate within the Estimating team with the development of the collaborative estimating platform (BES) working with Scottish Water on the new Estimating platform libraries.
- To innovate and identify efficiencies whilst participating in the collaborative Integrated Wedge whilst developing solutions for projects from Gate 50 to Gate 70 working alongside the other discipline Managing Estimators.
- To collaboratively work with other members of the Estimating team inputting and supporting with Civils knowledge.
The job responsibilities and the position to whom the job holder reports may vary from time to time. Therefore, the job responsibilities will include but may not be limited to any or all of the following items as required. Principal Duties The Senior Civils Estimator will be responsible and take the overall lead for the discipline on allocated projects; co-ordinating and reviewing the overall inputs for the project; taking the estimate to full conclusion. This shall include liaison with the Project Managers, Design Team and Scottish Water.
A key part of this will be the identification of Opportunities / Efficiencies which would be available to client within the confines of the contract thus contributing and enhancing margins on the projects.
The other key area of the role is participating in the Integrated Wedge bringing innovative ideas, efficiencies, and originality in pricing regimes / norm generation contributing to the timeline strategy for pricing projects in the integrated wedge. This will involve working within the Estimating and Wider Integrated Wedge team to move towards Actual Target Price setting at gate 70. For the Senior Civils Estimator this will be under the direction of the Managing / Senior Estimator who will provide support and coaching.
Principal duties include:
- Working with the Project Managers to understand the delivery strategy for each individual tender.
- Actively engage, and develop long term relationships with, key supply chain organisations working alongside the Supply Chain team developing positive and constructive relationships with key Sub-Contractors and Suppliers.
- Identify opportunities for margin growth, identify and analyse risks to input into the associated risk and opportunity register associated with the estimate.
- Participate in internal reviews, governance, presentations, and negotiations with Scottish Water as necessary.
- Developing innovative approaches where appropriate and participate in the Tender Efficiency Factor objectives.
- Collate targeted feedback on successful projects and compare to current projects in the Wedge.
- Participate and assist the site delivery teams to ensure a full handover assisting with any queries once the projects move into Deliver.
- Work as a member of the Estimating Team providing coaching / Assistance to other team members for the Civil discipling and assisting others with workloads and deliverable.
- Participate in any special projects and delivery of “Ad-Hoc” requests from the Managing Estimator and Estimating Manager.
- key supply chain organisations.
- Ident opportunities for margin growth, identify and analyse risks and produce the associated risk register.
- Participate in post tender interviews, presentations and negotiations with clients and ensure the successful handover to delivery teams following award.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.