Calling all Quantity Surveyors! Great opportunity available to join a market leading civil engineering contractor as they venture into new power transmission tenders right across Scotland, starting in head offices on the outskirts of Glasgow.
An excellent opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join Scotland’s leading civil engineering contractor as they embark on new power transmission tenders… Start your new job now by applying today!
Senior Commercial Manager
We are working in close partnership with a infrastructure and construction company operating on a global scale. Their commitment to innovation, sustainability, and excellence has established them as a leader in the industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to join their dynamic team in Scotland.
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for delivering infrastructure projects in partnership with a major energy company throughout Scotland. In this challenging and rewarding role, you will oversee the commercial aspects of the projects within various major frameworks, ensuring their successful delivery in line with the client’s expectations and industry standards.
You will initially be based within Head Office on the outskirts of Glasgow with occasional visits to site in the North of Scotland when required. Once sites hit the ground, you will move from the office to work at the site full time. Flexibility on location is key for this role.
– Lead the commercial strategy for the projects, managing all contractual and financial aspects.
– Develop, negotiate, and manage commercial agreements and contracts with suppliers and subcontractors.
– Ensure compliance with the client’s commercial and procurement policies.
– Collaborate with project teams to provide guidance on cost management, risk assessment, and budget control.
– Monitor project financial performance, forecasting, and reporting.
– Identify and mitigate potential commercial risks and disputes, implementing effective resolutions.
– Foster strong relationships with the client, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure successful project delivery.
– Mentor and manage a team of commercial professionals, promoting growth and development.
Qualifications and Skills:
– Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
– Proven experience in a senior commercial management role within civil engineering for a tier 1 contractor, preferably on major projects circa £200m in value.
– Strong understanding of commercial and contract management, procurement, and risk assessment.
– Excellent negotiation, communication, and leadership skills.
– Demonstrated ability to lead and manage commercial teams.
– Knowledge of construction contracts and industry-specific regulations.
– Familiarity with the energy and power sector is a plus.
What’s On Offer:
– Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
– Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
– Career growth opportunities within a reputable global organisation.
– A collaborative and dynamic work environment with a focus on innovation.
If you are a seasoned Commercial Manager with a proven track record in civil engineering projects and are ready to take on a challenging role within a prestigious organisation, we encourage you to apply. Be part of a team committed to delivering outstanding projects and shaping the future of the infrastructure industry in Scotland.
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit an updated version of your CV by clicking Apply Now.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.