A main civil engineering contractor based in the west of Scotland is looking to support their growth plans by appointing a Senior Estimator to their team. This will be a critical appointment within the senior management team in Scotland and will build on the success the business has enjoyed in recent years.
With a national coverage, this business delivers principal contracts on behalf of a range of clients responsible for the country's civil infrastructure, including water authorities, local government, transport bodies and large utility companies.
The Senior Estimator will work with the senior management team in selecting key bid opportunities as part of the next phase of their growth strategy in Scotland. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Take a hands-on approach in pricing works
• Work closely with the quality and delivery teams to ensure the production of well balanced, deliverable bids
• Identify opportunity and risks in conjunction with senior management
• Develop and maintain a fit for purpose tender estimate file, using analysis from site teams during construction phase to ensure long term sustainable delivery
• Identify resource needs within the bid team in line with the company's growth strategy
Given the critical nature of the appointment and a sign of the investment the business is prepared to make in delivering their growth a plan, a best in market salary/package will be offered to the applicant who can demonstrate the following:
• Proven experience in a Senior Estimator role within a main civil engineering contractor
• A demonstrable track record in the delivery of successful bids within the Scottish civil infrastructure markets
• The ability to work constructively with a range of colleagues and contributors
• The ambition to drive sustainable growth whilst maintaining a commitment to quality
This amounts to an exciting opportunity to join the senior management team of a market leading contractor a key point in their development in Scotland. If you are interested in having a confidential discussion about the role before applying then we would be happy to hear from you. Laura Sinclair, Senior Consultant responsible for permanent recruitment within our civil engineering team will be available to speak with you on 01786 446651.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.