Are you an experience Site Agent/ Manager looking for your next challenge? Would you like to work as part of a team who are heavily invested in doing all they can to contribute to carbon reduction?
Contract Scotland are working on behalf of a civil engineering contractor focusing predominately within the water sector, working on projects across Southern Scotland as they seek to recruit an experienced Site Engineer.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
You’ll have a blast reading this job description, trust us, the client specialise in the field!
Contract Scotland have been engaged to assist a key partner in their search for a geotechnical engineer to join their business based within West of Scotland. This is a business with a forward thinking attitude that holds onto the traditional values from whence they came from and with over 40 years presence in the industry, you’ll be joining an organisation who have a well founded reputation in their field. Not only do their works cover the length and breadth of the UK, they’ve also demonstrable experience working internationally too.
This is a fairly unique opportunity for someone to secure a permanent position and with the contractor keen to secure someone immediately, there is great urgency to move quickly on this one so if you’re in the market then this role will afford the opportunity to engage you quickly.
So first off, the big question, what will I be doing?
This is a senior level position where you’ll be supervising geotechnical and drilling squads on various infrastructure developments across the UK. Initially, you’ll be working on projects in Central Belt of Scotland but in the future roles might expand throughout the UK so it’s important to note that travel will be a standard expectation of this role…after all geo means earth and you’ll be covering plenty of it in this assignment! A brief overview of your responsibilities will include:
• Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, operative etc…
• Ensuring H&S is kept in accordance with company policy and procedures.
• Ensuring processes are in place for RAMS and implemented to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Responsibility for coordinating site activities
• Compiling activity reports, as well as survey analysis
• Attending end client meetings and delivering progress reports
• Order materials and plant for site activity
• Ensuring all testing is carried out within specific parameters
• Supervise drilling operations as well as surveys
Ok, so who am I? What’s required?
A lover of all things geotechnical! Or certainly a passion to be involved in the sector is essential. The client are indeed open to both experienced geotechnical engineers but also will consider suitably qualified civil engineers who are looking to move into this niche sector. It’s essentially that you do have site experience and are able to manage squads in an effective manner to ensure works are carried out in a safe, efficient manner.
You will need a…
• A valid CSCS card
• Preferential to have ground investigation experience.
• Chartered Engineer
• Masters Degree/Degree qualified
• ROGEP Professional/Specialist/Advisor is desirable but not essential.
Right, I’m interested, what’s on offer?
• Owing to the client’s needs – a quick start!
• Salary expectations are in the region of £35,000 – £45,000 with vehicle and pension
• Opportunity to travel throughout the UK
Apply! Send us your Cv for consideration and we will come back to you to discuss the role. If however this isn’t the one for you, but you know the very person, we have an excellent candidate referral scheme so do get in touch!
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.