If you’re at the starting phase of your career in the commercial sector and looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects within the cost consultancy market, then this new opportunity may indeed be the one for you. Contract Scotland are delighted to bring to the market an opportunity for an Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join an established practice in Glasgow who have a great record of staff attrition and offer continued professional development.
Contract Scotland are looking to assist our client in their search for a members of their Design Site Representative (DSR) team for a roads scheme in central Scotland. This project offers a duration of 18 months and is looking for a candidate able to start ideally in the next 4-6 weeks. You’ll be working as an Inspector of Works or Senior Engineer depending on your experience on this high profile scheme.
Senior Highway Design Engineer
Am award winning national engineering consultancy with exciting growth plans for the future is looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh.
About the employer;
A multi-disciplinary practice offering a diverse range of services to their clients across the UK. With places on local government frameworks and D&B partnerships with a range of large main contractors, they provide design services on a diverse range of public infrastructure works. They are based in the city centre of Edinburgh but accommodate hybrid working policy to allow for a more flexible working practice.
Their diverse portfolio will provide a regular variety of engineering challenges, with no two days being quite alike. You will take a hands-on role in providing designs, specifications and technical support throughout the lifecycle of projects whilst acting as a mentor to junior staff when required. As a project lead, you will represent the company in client and stakeholder meetings ensuring long term client relationships are developed and preserved.
Some of your duties will include;
• Significant experience in the development and detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement scheme designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD and Civils 3D.
• Proven ability to be able to produce highways 3D Engineering designs from 2D layouts including existing and proposed models, cross section, long section and contours.
• Knowledge of highway assets and the appropriate solutions for renewal or improvement.
• To provide support within the Highways Team in the management and delivery of the service to our clients
• Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within PCL
• Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
• Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
• To lead the engineering input at all stages of a project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
• Support junior staff with their training and development
• Check output produced by other staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
What do you need to apply?;
• Suitably qualified, ideally to a degree level, in a relevant engineering discipline
• In depth understanding of Highway Design and design standards
• Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
• Knowledge or awareness of walking & cycling design, traffic calming, healthy streets, junction design, and carriageway renewal design.
• Demonstrate understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technical / industry / TFL standards
Please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Grant Dalziel on 01786 446651 quoting J23641
Have you heard about our referral scheme? We have been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we are proud to say we have become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That is a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £250 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.