Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, and this award-winning business, prides itself on providing a full turnkey solution to their clients - from design, manufacture, construct, through to installation and commissioning. As part of an ongoing growth plan and their secure workload, they are looking to appoint a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in North Lanarkshire. Focusing on infrastructure improvements and capital maintenance work across both clean and waste water, the role will require you to work on all mechanical related aspects of the various projects. This includes: producing and coordinating mechanical designs, producing mechanical estimates and quotations to clients, ensuring all resource relating to project is procured within budget and that the project is delivered within the set time frame and to the highest quality. Duties/Responsibilities:
• Initial client meetings and continuous interaction
• Initial site surveys
• Design of mechanical systems and products
• Providing technical recommendations throughout the project
• Liaison with other project members such as Project Engineers, Managers, subcontractors etc
• Initial quotations
• Procurement of resource needed
• Ensure that all Health and Safety is adhered to at all times
• Attend progress meetings and site visits when required
• Manage and mentor Junior Engineers on a daily basis What do you need to apply to this role?
• Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (HNC/HND/ or equivalent)
• Proven experience within a similar role
• Excellent communication skills due to the interaction associated with this role
• Experience of managing junior members of staff
If you would like to apply to this role, please submit your CV to Amber Mitchell or call in on 01786 446651 to have a confidential discussion.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.