As a preferred supplier, we are working with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy who is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their building services team.
Involved in an interesting mix of large public and commercial building developments, they are looking for an experienced Engineer who can provide a high degree of technical competency and offer useful mentorship to junior members of the team.
As a senior member of the team you will take full responsibility of mechanical services design packages as part of larger multi-disciplined brief of both new build and large scale refurbishment programmes. With a track record of working on prestigious, high value projects you will drive quality throughout the project lifecycle ensuring high standards or service are delivered to their clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the success of project tenders by providing technical expertise/guidance
- Provide technical oversight and review of designs and technical specifications produced by graduate engineers
- Confidently participate in meetings with clients and delivery partners
- Actively research and keep abreast of developments in software, design methodologies and technological advancements in mechanical building services systems
- Mentoring and managing junior members of staff
To apply for this role you should be:
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering (essential)
- Proven experience in a design consultancy environment (essential)
- A member of a professional institute, such as CIBSE or IET
- A high degree of competence in the design of mechanical building services (essential)
- Hold chartered or incorporated status (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of successful project delivery
- Commercial awareness
What is on offer?
- £40,000 to £45,000 dependent upon experience
- Company car or car allowance
- Pension Scheme ( Up to 6% matched? )
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Office which is accessible via public transport or car
- Performance related rewards
- And MORE!!
What's the next step?
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to Savanna Mitchell.
Once received and if suitable for this position, I will give you a call to discuss your experience, current situation as well as what it is you are looking for in a move going forward. I will also discuss the company in full detail and your CV will not be sent to the client without your permission. Having this in depth conversation ensures that I can help you as best as I can in your next career move.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.