Contract Scotland have a Senior Quantity Surveyor vacancy with a large housing contractor, based in Inverness.
One of Scotland’s larger housebuilders is looking to appoint a Logistics planner to work with the operational team to ensure a successful delivery from acquisition to handover stage.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Contract Scotland have a brilliant opportunity for a quantity surveyor, within the volume housebuilding market. Based in Aberdeen, this role will be joining a team of surveyors and working on a number of housebuilding projects within the east central belt. Our client has a hybrid working policy, so candidates form the Tayside or Inverness region could be site based if preferable and require 1 day/week in the Aberdeen Office.
This is a fast-paced environment and requires ,to a large degree, on working with established internal systems and processes. Applicants should have at least a HNC/ BSc qualification within quantity surveying and be able to display proven prior experience of working in the housebuilding sector.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:-
- Maintain budget control throughout developments
- Manage procurement of trade packages and oversee sub-contract ordering
- Production of monthly CVR Reports for each site
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions
- Liaising with site personnel and sub-contractors in order to maximise productivity
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and goods and materials
- Regular coordination and reporting to Commercial Director / Commercial Manager with all commercial aspects of the business
Our client rewards their surveyors with a generous salary and bonus scheme in return. They have also adopted a flexible approach to working and have rolled this out across the business successfully, since the pandemic.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Nicola, quoting J23327.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.