Due to a thriving workload, we are looking for an ambitious Graduate Civil Engineer to join a dynamic Civils and Rail team becoming part of one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working with both public and private clients.
Contract Scotland are working with a well-established Engineering Consultancy which offers a better work/life balance and a clear career path over the next 5 years. On offer is a competitive salary as well as flexible working hours.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our Scottish-based Construction Consultancy continues to experience success and growth with a broad base of client sectors. We’re now looking for a QS at or near Senior level.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of an established practice at management level, with a clear path to Associate or Partner level.
The business provides a number of services across most sectors and there is an opportunity to become involved in Cost Management, Traditional Quantity Surveying, Employers Agent, Project Management, CDM services, specialist M&E measurement, billing and costing, procurement and dispute resolution.
Projects include a variety of refurbishment and new build within a wide range of sectors, including Higher and Further Education, Local Authority, Residential, Social Housing, Private Houses, Hotel and Leisure, Commercial Developments, Retail, Community projects and Restoration/Conservation.
- Relevant experience within private practice or housebuilding
- Strong understanding and practical experience of both Pre-Contract and Post-Contract work
- A working knowledge of main contract forms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in a client facing role
- Chartered or currently working towards Chartered status
- Ambitious with career and business development aspirations
- Able to work as part of a larger team as well as manage and lead a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Competitive Salary and benefits reflecting experience level and qualifications
- Extensive training and development and assistance in gaining Chartered status, if necessary, via our RICS Approved Structured Training Programme
- RICS fees paid
- Promotion / progression opportunities
- Supporting and developing networking and business development
- To become involved in a range of projects
- Become part of office management reporting directly to Partners
If this could be your next challenge, we look forward to hearing from you. Please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information contact Stephen McNaughton on 01786 446651
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.