A quantity surveying role with a bespoke developer in the Great Glasgow region
An opportunity for a quantity surveyor with strong housebuilding experience to join a 5-star housebuilder in the west central belt
Senior Quantity Surveyor
As part of their continued expansion in the Aberdeen region, our client are looking for an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their housing team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will commercially manage a mix of residential schemes across Aberdeen, including our forthcoming multiphase development guaranteeing continuity of work for years to come and real career development opportunities.
Key Requirements for the Role:
- Preparation and negotiation of initial site budgets and value engineering exercises in conjunction with design and construction teams.
- Obtaining risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
- Procure Subcontractor packages and issue appropriate subcontract documentation.
- Undertake site visits and inspections and coordinate with contractors on site
- Agree variation claims and final account settlement along with subcontract payments
- Chairing sub-contract pre-order meetings and attending regular project review meetings
- Preparing cost/value reports to ensure cost control throughout the development.
- Provide continuous financial advice throughout to the Site Management team
- Financial management of affordable housing contracts.
- Assist in maintaining regional cost library.
- General project coordination and administration.
The “Ideal” Applicant
Minimum HND in Quantity Surveying
Knowledge of JCT contract
Cost Management and project administration experience within the residential sector
Working knowledge of a financial cost management system (e.g. COINS)
Full drivers license
In addition to a market-rate basic salary, our client offers:-
- Car allowance
- 34 days holiday
- Competitive annual bonus
- Up to 5% pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply for the role, use the link, attaching a recent copy of your CV. For a confidential enquiry on the role, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651, quoting ref J42871
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.