A quantity surveying role with a bespoke developer in the Great Glasgow region
An opportunity for a quantity surveyor with strong housebuilding experience to join a 5-star housebuilder in the west central belt
Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a successful main contractor who specialise on affordable housing projects, for their work in the east of Scotland. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of construction projects, including cost management, procurement, and contract administration.
As a busy QS, you will be managing up to 3 projects at any one time and projects range in value from £3million upwards. Sites vary from 10 flats to 350 units. You will need to be confident to work to senior level, manage your own workload and will need to attend meetings once a week at the company’s head office in Paisley. Otherwise you can either work on site or from home as required.
– Prepare and submit accurate monthly CVR reports for each project
– Provide accurate valuations of work in progress and ensure payment applications are submitted in a timely manner
– Identify and price variations and submit them to the client for approval
– Procure sub-contractors and ensure they are managed effectively throughout the project
– Prepare and negotiate final accounts with clients and sub-contractors
– Ensure all contractual and commercial aspects of the project are managed effectively
– Liaise with project teams to ensure project financial performance is maximized
– Attend project meetings and provide commercial input when required
– Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
– Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
– Experience in CVR reporting and valuations is essential
– Experience in variations and sub-contractor procurement is essential
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Good knowledge of construction contracts and standard forms of contract
Please apply using the link provided. For a chat about the role before applying, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.