Calling all Health & Safety professionals in the civil engineering industry… there’s a massive opportunity for you around the corner in Perth! To enquire more details, read on…
Interested in the renewables and power sector? Want to be a part of Scotland’s largest power transmission frameworks? Then click here for more information…
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Join an esteemed team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor and play a pivotal role in a groundbreaking substation project located in the vibrant Aberdeen area. Your expertise will shape the success of this venture, and we’re eager to welcome an experienced individual to the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all financial aspects of the substation project, ensuring adherence to budgetary constraints while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Manage contracts, including negotiation, administration, and resolution of contractual disputes.
- Provide strategic commercial guidance to optimise project profitability and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate closely with project managers, engineers, and stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
- Conduct thorough cost analysis and forecasting to support decision-making processes.
- Mentor and support junior members of the quantity surveying team, fostering their professional development.
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring contractual compliance and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, including monthly/quarterly assessments and payment applications.
- Proactively identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and records related to project finances and contractual agreements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, preferably within the construction or infrastructure sector.
- Strong proficiency in contract management, including familiarity with standard forms of contract (e.g., NEC).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Sound financial acumen and analytical abilities, coupled with attention to detail.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (e.g., RICS) is advantageous but not essential.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Opportunity to work on a high-profile project with industry-leading professionals.
- Supportive work environment that prioritises employee well-being and professional development.
- Access to a range of employee benefits, including pension contributions, healthcare, and holiday entitlement.
If you’re ready to take on an exciting challenge and make a meaningful contribution to a prestigious project, apply now to join the team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
We act as an employment agency for permanent work and as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.