A quantity surveying role with an established housebuilder in Fife, focussing in the siteworks aspects of development in central Scotland
A freelance opportunity in Glasgow to work with a busy private & social housing contractor.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Contract Scotland are working with one of Scotland busiest affordable housing contractors, to source an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Glasgow. The ideal candidate will have experience in Affordable Housing and Project Quantity Surveying, as well as excellent CVR Reporting skills.
With an extensive pipeline of work into 2024/2025, our client is looking for surveyors at ideally intermediate level, who are keen to develop their contract knowledge, with strong support from an excellent senior management team.
– Manage the cost of multiple construction projects from inception to completion.
– Prepare accurate estimates and cost plans for projects.
– Analyse tenders and recommend the most suitable contractor based on cost, quality, and delivery.
– Manage project budgets and cash flows and report on cost variances.
– Ensure that all project costs are accurately recorded and reported.
– Liaise with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
– Manage subcontractor accounts and ensure that payments are made on time.
– Prepare and submit accurate CVR reports.
– Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in Quantity Surveying, with a focus on Affordable Housing or Project Quantity Surveying.
– Excellent CVR reporting skills.
– Knowledge of construction contracts and procurement methods.
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Strong communication and negotiation skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry-specific software.
To apply for the role, click on the link and attach your updated CV. For a confidential enquiry about the role, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651, quoting job reference J43025.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.