A quantity surveying role with a bespoke developer in the Great Glasgow region
An award-winning housebuilder, based in Falkirk is looking to recruit an experienced quantity surveyor in the private housebuilding sector.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
One of the UK’s most respected private housebuilders are looking to appoint a QS/ Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in Edinburgh.
Our client are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong skills in Private Housing in the UK. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the cost management and quantity surveying of private housing projects.
Key Requirements of the Role:-
– Manage the cost management and quantity surveying of private housing projects from inception to completion
– Prepare, issue and evaluate tender documentation
– Prepare and negotiate contracts, budgets and cost plans
– Manage project budgets and cash flow forecasts
– Ensure value for money is achieved on all projects
– Provide regular reports on project progress and cost
– Attend site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors and other stakeholders
– Provide support and guidance to junior team members
You will Need:-
– Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a related field
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in private housing quantity surveying
– Strong knowledge of construction contracts and procurement methods
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
– Strong attention to detail
– Proficient in relevant software and tools
To apply for the role, attach your up to date CV using the link. For a confidential discussion on the role, you can call Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.