Would you thrive working in a team who act collaboratively towards the same goal? Do you put teamwork at the heart of everything you do? If that sounds like you, wouldn't it be nice to work with likeminded people!
We're seeking a Senior QS who has experience within the Civil Engineering sector looking to work within a team striving to be the best.
Our valued client is a multi-disciplinary Civil Engineering organisation who are going through a sustained period of growth and looking for someone to go on this exceptional journey with them. They are currently operating within Water, Groundworks, Infrastructure, Drainage & Earthworks projects, but have capabilities to offer a diverse service offering to their clients making them one of the faster-growing organisations in the Scottish Market.
You won't be short of opportunities within this business, as they have an array of exciting yet challenging projects to work on and furthermore they are investors in people, so you could really carve a solid career for yourself here.
Working as part of a Project Management team you will be responsible for advising on Contract Conditions and Commercial matters and maintaining accurate financial control systems including but not limited to:
• Monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
• Ensure valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time
• Mange any variations to contracts in a timely manner
• Forecasts of cost and value of all trades
• Preparing Prelims in association with contract staff
• Liaise with and assist the operational team to secure labour, materials and Sub-Contractor to ensure contracts and completed on time & within budget
• Monitor progress on-site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales
• Ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
• Preparation of Final Accounts
• Manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance
• Ensure compliance with the Company's Health and Safety Policy & Quality Manual
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Strong and demonstrable Quantity Surveying experience within Civil Engineering Projects
• CSCS card holder
If this could be your next challenge, we look forward to hearing from you so that we can tell you much more about this fabulous opportunity! We will provide specifics on the role, company and available remuneration package as part of a confidential consultation of your career moving forward.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.