A well-established Civil and Structural Consulting and Engineering practice are looking for a Senior Engineer to be based in their Glasgow office. On offer to the right person is a highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to work for a consultancy that currently provide engineering services across a wide client base, made up of both public and private sector clients in Scotland.
Why has the role came about?
Our client has enjoyed a successful period of contract and are looking to grow their Glasgow team. The Senior Engineer will be predominantly involved in structural design for buildings encompassing timber, steel, masonry and concrete materials.
As an integral member of the team, you will be required to:
- Monitor and prepare structural calculations and project specifications
- Organisation of the workload relating to a team of engineers & technicians
- Inspection of site works
- Supervision of technicians and junior engineers
- Direct reporting to Associates
- Undertake Project Engineer role for medium scale projects (£5-10m)
- Validation of final remediation works reports
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders and other third parties
- Co-ordination of statutory approvals
What do you need to apply?:
- Experience within residential building
- Design experience of timber & steel frame and masonry building design
- Capable of leading and managing an engineering team on medium scale projects
- Extensive experience within a consulting engineering design office
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- Sound commercial awareness
- An understanding of Industry developments as they happen
To apply for this position, send your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking on the Apply Now button.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.