Structural Design Engineer
We are working on behalf of a leading UK multi-disciplinary Civil & Structural Engineering Design Consultancy as they seek an SER Certifier to join their central Scotland based interdisciplinary team. Within this role of high importance you will be exposed to a wide range of Civil/Structural Engineering projects of high complexity, covering both the public and private sector. On offer is an attractive, well-rounded package which includes the likes of a company pension scheme and a professional membership subscription. Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Review and approval of civil & structural designs on behalf of the team
- Liaison with internal and external staff, as well as clients and external project stakeholders
- Ensure completion of multi-disciplinary projects within tight deadlines, in a safe manner
- Make recommendations and present reports to project managers and clients
- Working experience post becoming Chartered or already be SER Certified
- Vast knowledge of building structures
- Previous experience within a design consultancy
- The willingness to continually develop on the job
- A sound understanding of procurement
- Strong communication skills due to high level of client interaction within this role
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to Michael Mair
by clicking on the Apply Now
We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.