Being a Site Agent in the Scottish civil engineering market can be a stressful job! The market remains highly competitive with many contractors forced to deliver more for less. The inevitable stresses & strains that follow fall squarely on the shoulders of the industry's Site Agents. If this resonates with you at all and are thinking about making a change, the good news is there are opportunities out there for you. If you are Site Agent looking to work with a well organised, quality focused business then we may well have the right opportunity for you..
Our client, an established and reputable Civil Engineering Contractor who believe in cultivating a good working culture are looking to recruit a Site Agent to join their team on a permanent basis in the Central Belt. This company have enjoyed a successful run of project awards and are looking to grow their existing team in order to deliver the additional workload. With a focus on delivering projects sustainably, they have been able to foster strong relations with clients, leading to repeat work awards and places on secure frameworks in both the public and private sectors.
As Site Agent you will:
- Take control of site set ups in conjunction with your Contracts Manager from award stage, allowing you to ensure the successful delivery of works from the start
- Prepare HSE and Quality plans and keep records in line with company policy & procedure
- Promote a sound safety culture throughout the site team
- Update project plans through the delivery life-cycle
- Liaise with client representatives and other stakeholders, ensuring a high level of customer service
- Work in conjunction with the commercial team to ensure projects are delivered on budget
To apply for this position you should have:
- A minimum of HND level qualification in Civil Engineering
- A good level of technical knowledge within civil engineering
- Sound contractual awareness
- A serious commitment to promoting a positive safety culture on site and possess relevant, up to date safety qualifications
If you have the necessary skills/experience and are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV to Laura Sinclair.
Have you heard about our referral scheme? We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.