They have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Site Agent to join their team on a permanent basis in the West of Scotland. It is essential that you have experience managing within the rail sector particularly on overhead line electrification
Our client is looking to expand their team and are currently seeking a Construction Manager with experience in rail, particularly in supervising overhead line electrification, to join their team on a permanent basis based in West of Scotland.
Contract Scotland are working on behalf of a civil engineering contractor focusing predominately within the water sector, working on projects across Southern Scotland as they seek to recruit an experienced Site Engineer. The new project is due to begin in July 2022 and will be located near Gretna, Dumfries, therefore our client is looking to source local candidates to this area as accommodation allowances likely won’t be included.
Our client specialises in both clean and unclean water infrastructure jobs and provides a comprehensive range of services including concrete structures, pipelines, excavations and roadworks. On the back of delivering previous projects successfully and given the busy nature of the works, our client has secured a very healthy pipeline of work through the new Scottish Water framework for 2022 and beyond.
As Site Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Setting out and surveying the site
• General site duties of material requisitions and take offs of materials from specifications and drawings
• Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site
• Supporting the Site Agent, and any other site engineering duties as required.
• Previous experience working as a Site Engineer with a civil engineering contractor.
• Previous experience setting-out in the water sector, is preferable
• Good site experience and CESWI knowledge is a must have skill.
• Appropriate civil engineering qualification – i.e HND/C or Degree
• You should have a valid CSCS card.
On offer is an attractive salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity to expand your portfolio to a range of jobs within the water sector. With a healthy pipeline of work secured, this is an opportunity that can provide you with long term job security. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please do apply for a confidential discussion or call Kirstin Marshall on 01786 446651 and quote job reference number J23527.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.