Our client, a specialist civil engineering contractor, is looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager with a mechanical or electrical background. This long-term project with see you managing the refurbishment of a factory from storage usage to production use.
Contract Scotland are working with a civil engineering contractor who have a great freelance opportunity for an experienced site engineer based in the Edinburgh. Work will include building construction, earth, drainage and concrete work.
Are you a site engineer who is up for their next challenge? Contract Scotland are working with a civil engineering contractor who have a great freelance opportunity for an experienced site engineer for projects based in the West of Scotland. Working on an array of commercial projects you will come from a civil engineering background with at least 1-2 years management experience in the groundwork sector. They are looking for an immediate start for a duration of 4 months.
You will become an integral part of the existing team, working within their engineering team to deliver several projects on time and within budget whilst still maintaining the highest quality of service.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Setting out and surveying the site.
• Production of risk assessments and health & safety paperwork.
• Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
• Supporting the Site Agent, and any other site engineering duties as required.
• Monitoring progress and performance and reporting to Site Manager.
• Administration and recording keeping of Quality Assurance systems on site.
What you can expect:
• Immediate start.
• Guaranteed work for at least 4 months.
You must have the following:
• Minimum of HNC level qualification or equivalent in civil engineering.
• Previous civil engineering experience in a contracting environment is essential.
• Groundwork experience is essential.
• Previous site management in a similar role.
• Valid CSCS, SMSTS.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Kirsten Whitfield on 01786 446651 quoting J23595.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.