This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking and forward thinking Design Manager with proven experience with managing all design aspects of a project life cycle from tender / bid through to completion to join a company with values of collaborative working, developing their staff and promoting from within with a strong pipeline of work across both civil engineering and rail infrastructure projects and maintenance works.
Projects will be varied including a mix civics and of utility works throughout the North of Scotland. The ideal candidate must be an experienced civil engineer with previous experience working within water, deep drainage or pipeline projects
Are you a Site Engineer looking for your next step in your career? Are you based in the North of Scotland? We’d love to hear from you……..
Our client plays a crucial role in designing and delivering sustainable water and waste water treatment solutions across Scotland. They currently have an opening for an experienced Site Engineer to join their existing team based in Aberdeen area, initial projects are based in Inverurie and Old Meldrum.
With long term framework secured, they can offer long term job security as well as the chance to work in an experienced team who can support your development. You will be part of a team that delivers the safe, efficient and on time delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
As Site Engineer, you will work closely with the Civils Construction Manager and Site Manager and will be responsible for:
• Setting out
• Initial survey and site investigation work.
• Implementing strategies as discussed with management.
• Checking design plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site
• Develop method statements and risk assessment.
• Supporting the team, and any other site engineering duties as required.
To apply for the role you should be;
• Educated to a minimum of HNC level in Civil Engineering.
• Previous experience on Scottish Water projects.
• Experienced working within a principal contracting environment.
• Previous experience setting-out and surveying is essential
• CSCS & 3 Day First Aid qualifications would also be advantageous.
• Able to work in various locations across Scotland.
• Full UK drivers license.
On offer is a competitive salary with additional benefits package. Our client has an array of exciting yet challenging projects to work on and furthermore they are investors in people therefore you won’t be short of opportunities. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Katie Horne on 01786 446651 quoting J23861.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.