Join the team of our esteemed client, a well-established contractor based in Central Scotland specialising in geotechnical investigations, drilling, and blasting. They are currently in search of a skilled Site Engineer to contribute to projects across the UK.
Our client, a highly reputable civil engineering contractor based in the East, are looking to expand their team by adding a Site Engineer with experience within the Civil Engineering sector particularly on groundwork for commercial and residential projects. The ideal candidate should bring proven experience setting-out for groundworks packages across multiple sites. Work will include groundworks, ground beams, bolt boxes, reinforcements, drainage, roads, foundations and sub structures. This is a permanent role and work will be based throughout Fife and Edinburgh.
Our client, a leading civil contracting firm specialising in high voltage electrical engineering solutions, is actively seeking an experienced Site Engineer to join their dynamic team. With over a decade of successful operations in the HV Cabling Industry and an unwavering commitment to safety, this company has established itself as a key player, undertaking projects across the UK and Europe. Although the primary base for this role is in Beauly, the ideal candidate should be prepared to travel, covering projects throughout the North of England and Scotland.
As a Site Engineer, you will collaborate closely with the Site Agent, taking on a range of responsibilities that include:
- Setting out
- Conducting initial surveys and site investigations
- Implementing strategies in alignment with management directives
- Verifying the accuracy of design plans, drawings, and quantities
- Contributing to the overall management of construction works
- Assisting in the re-measurement and valuation of contracts
- Participating in new tendering opportunities, surveys, bulk earthworks quantities, and value engineering
- Overseeing on-site quality control and health and safety matters
- Developing method statements and risk assessments
- Providing support to the team and handling additional site engineering duties as required
To be a successful candidate for this role, you should possess:
- Minimum HNC level education in Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience in a civil contracting environment.
- Desirable experience working on SSE framework.
- CAD knowledge is advantageous.
- Essential experience in setting out and surveying.
- CSCS & 3 Day First Aid qualifications (advantageous).
- SMSTS or SSSTS required.
- Ability to work in various locations across Scotland and the North of England.
- Full UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary plus additional benefits. Accommodation and a living-away allowance will be provided due to the location of their projects. For further details about this role or the company, please contact Louise Knock or Karin Campbell for a confidential conversation, quoting reference J43126.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.