Our client, a highly sought-after Civil Engineering Contractor based in Glasgow, is seeking an experienced Scheme Project Manager to join their dynamic team. In this role, you will be instrumental in the execution of the access for all program, overseeing civil structural renewal projects across Scotland’s rail network.
Our client, a leading global engineering firm specialising in water sector projects, is expanding its commercial team in Scotland and is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join them in Inverness. We welcome applicants from all levels of experience, particularly those with a background in the water industry.
Are you an experienced Site Engineer seeking a new and exciting career challenge? Are you interested in contributing to the modernisation of Central Scotland’s rail network? If so, we want to connect with you!
Contract Scotland is thrilled to collaborate with a multi-disciplined civil engineering contractor in their quest to recruit a Senior Site Engineer based in Renfrewshire. Our client is known for their remarkable staff retention, ongoing investment in employee growth, and their leading role in the rail and civil engineering infrastructure sectors.
As a Site Engineer, you will play a crucial role working closely with the management team. You’ll be responsible for planning and overseeing site-based works across Scotland on a weekly basis.
Your daily responsibilities will encompass, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring safety, health, environmental, and quality compliance for all site activities.
- Reviewing and interpreting project drawings and specifications for site-based engineering activities.
- Ensuring professional, systematic, and accurate execution of site engineering tasks.
- Supervising on-site work, including labour, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Maintaining meticulous records, including a diary of all site activities.
- Managing material take-offs and orders.
- Planning daily and weekly site works, including assisting in the development of Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Inspection Test Plans, and related documentation.
- Day-to-day management of subcontractors and engineers as required.
To excel in this role, you should possess a methodical approach, strong interpersonal skills, and the following qualifications:
- A degree, HNC, or HND in civil engineering, or equivalent compensating experience in a technical civil engineering role.
- Prior experience as a Site Engineer in a rail/civil engineering contracting environment.
- Experience in a similar role working on multi-disciplinary civil infrastructure projects.
- Rail experience is desirable.
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) certification.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. With a robust pipeline of secured projects, this opportunity provides long-term job security in uncertain times.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for your career, please apply with your most recent CV. For further details or inquiries, don’t hesitate to reach out to Adam Rahma at 01786 446651, referencing J43302.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.