A new opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer to work for a market leading civil engineering contractor on a large new project based in Glasgow. With a focus on promoting a safety/quality focused culture throughout the business as well as embracing innovative methodologies, this contractor has been able to establish themselves as a leading player within their field.
They are looking to appoint a Site Engineer with a higher-level qualification in civil engineering and proven experience in setting out for civil/structural works in a contracting environment. They are an employer with a strong commitment to staff development making this an excellent opportunity for any Site Engineers looking to progress in their careers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Setting out for construction works including road lines, drainage, foundations/substructures
• Carry out as built surveys
• Embrace and promote a positive HSEQ culture, including maintaining good H&S and quality records in line with company policy and procedure
• Assist in the supervision of site operatives
• Liaise with the design team in resolving design queries during construction and generally embrace the company's commitment to innovation wherever possible
To apply for this role you should be:
• Minimum of HNC level qualified in Civil Engineering
• Experienced in the role of Site Engineer within a contracting environment
• Able to demonstrate a positive attitude to safety and quality
• Prepared to embrace innovative construction methodologies and contribute positively in delivering efficient engineering solutions to clients
NOT FOR YOU BUT YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED?
Have you heard about our referral scheme? We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.