Our esteemed client, a renowned player in the field of civil engineering contracting, is on the lookout for an accomplished Quantity Surveyor and/or a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their ranks. This pivotal role demands an individual with substantial experience in the Civil Engineering sector, particularly within the water or marine domains. This exciting opportunity is based in Glasgow.
A privately-owned cross-sector principal contractor is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their civil engineering team on a permanent basis. This company have enjoyed a successful run of project awards in the across Scotland and are looking to expand their existing team to deliver this additional workload.
Join a leading regional civil engineering contractor with a strong focus on infrastructure and groundworks projects. As part of their ongoing expansion, we’re seeking an experienced Site Manager for exciting commercial projects in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
With a string of recent contract wins and a history of collaboration with renowned industry leaders, we’re looking for a Site Manager who can confidently oversee commercial groundworks packages valued up to £10m.
In this pivotal role, you will:
- Champion on-site safety, ensuring a secure work environment, proper inductions, and appropriate PPE for all tasks.
- Drive the successful delivery of contracts within stipulated timeframes, budgets, and client specifications.
- Skilfully manage both the direct workforce and subcontractors on site.
- Cultivate strong relationships on and off-site.
- Coordinate seamless material and equipment procurement, meeting designated deadlines.
- Conduct essential Safety Audits, as directed by management.
- Engage directly with clients to ensure top quality project outcomes.
Your background/ experience should include:
- Relevant degree/qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Proven track record as a Site Manager for groundworks projects.
- Current SMSTS, CSCS card, and First Aid Certificates.
- Solid commercial and contractual acumen.
- Essential background in civil engineering.
- Profound familiarity with health and safety protocols.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration abilities.
- A valid UK driver’s license.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of a company van or car. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Karin Campbell on 01786 446651 quoting J43143.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.