Structural Design Engineer
We have been enlisted by a multidisciplinary Civil & Structural Engineering Design Consultancy as they look to acquire an experienced Structural Design Engineer to join their team based in the East of Scotland. You will undertake responsibility for the successful delivery of structural designs across a vast range of projects, spanning a number of sectors within the market. On offer is a competitive salary and the chance to work within an organisation that prides itself on aligning employee success with the overall success of the business, recognising the importance of employee relations.
Your role will include office based work as well as external site visits, allowing for variety within your working schedule.
Duties / Responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring work is carried out to meet technical specifications of clients
- Interaction with team members and external stakeholders including developers and local authorities
- Site visits to carry out inspection of works
- Attend Design and Construction Project Meetings
- Produce engineering reports on buildings and structures
- Initial designing of structures concepts
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Proven post-graduate Engineering Design Consultancy experience
- Comfortable working individually and within a team environment
- Hold a full UK valid driving licence
If you would like to apply to this position, please submit your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.