Structural Design Engineer
An International Design Consultancy
offering a range of services across buildings and infrastructure in Scotland are looking to recruit a Structural Design Engineer to join their Glasgow team. The role will offer an ambitious Structural Engineer the chance to test their engineering abilities on an interesting range of commercial, public and industrial building projects in Scotland and beyond.
This is a business that places inclusivity and respect at the heart of their operations.
This informs not only the working environment but also the quality of service delivered to their client base. They have taken a lead role in delivery of a series of prestigious public infrastructure and building works in Scotland over recent years. They are now looking to bolster their building structures team through the appointment of an experienced Structural Design Engineer who will be responsible for;
• Performing structural analysis and design for a variety of building and civil structures.
• Production of technical specifications and guidance.
• Attending/participating in technical meetings both internally and externally.
• Working within multidisciplined teams to find innovative, efficient design solutions.
• Contributing effectively to business development either as part of tender submissions or identifying new opportunities within existing clients.They are looking for a Structural Design Engineer who can demonstrate;
• Degree educated in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• A commitment to working towards chartered membership of IStructE or ICE (if not already held).
• Previous experience in the design of building structures, ideally on large public, commercial and/or industrial buildings.
• The ability to communicate confidently and represent the business effectively in client meetings.
If you would like to apply to this position, please send your CV to Jamie Porter, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.