Structural Design Engineer
We are working on behalf of an East of Scotland based Engineering Consultancy, as they look to recruit a Structural Design Engineer to join their growing team. With a diverse range of clients, this company has a long track record of delivering projects in the residential, education, leisure, commercial and retail sectors. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, good career progression opportunities along with excellent company benefits including accessible offices, free parking, and up to 5% contribution to pension. You will work within a tight-knit team and be responsible for:
- The production of designs & technical specifications for building structures including concrete, steel, timber and masonry materials
- Assisting graduate engineers and technicians in coordinating and prioritising workload
- Liaising with external partners and project stakeholders to ensure designs are delivered in accordance with agreed timescales
The successful applicant will:
- Be educated to a minimum of degree level in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Have proven experience working within a design consultancy environment
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Eurocodes and British Standards
- Be able to work in a tight-knit team, as well as individually when required
- Have strong communication and leadership skills due to client interaction within this role
If you would like to apply, send your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.