We are working with a large national design consultancy who is looking to recruit a Transport Planner
to their team based in Glasgow
who will help deliver a wide range of transportation projects across the UK. Working as part of a highly experienced transport planning team, you will work with a variety of clients including local authorities, private developers and other public sector clients. You will be involved with a number of transport planning commissions including macro and micro simulations modelling, scheme business appraisals as well as active travel and transport planning. What do you need to apply?
• Masters qualification ( or equivalent ) in a relevant Transport discipline
• Working towards Chartership
• Knowledge of producing Transport Assessments, Statements and Travel Plans
• Demonstrable hands-on experience of transportation software ( Saturn, Paramics, Vissim, Transyt, Junctions 9, Tuba, Cobalt )
• Excellent communication skills due to the level of client interaction associated with this role
• Knowledge of the UK planning system as well as Scottish Transport Appraisal Guidance Please get in touch for a full job description.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to Savanna Mitchell.
NOT FOR YOU BUT YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED?
Have you heard about our referral scheme? We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.